The MSc in Counselling and Positive Psychology from the University of Bolton explores the applications of a relatively new subject area within psychology and its relevance and benefits for counsellors and psychotherapists. Offering two qualifications and support to prepare for professional registration with the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP), this course takes you deep into the concepts, theories and practice of counselling and positive psychology.
The course is taught by experienced teaching staff with an excellent knowledge base. You’ll practice counselling and psychotherapy skills independently under supervision and guidance. You'll explore and critically debate positive psychology’s new techniques and research, supporting you to evaluate developing theories and applications in positive psychology.
MSc in Counselling and Positive Psychology puts you in a favourable position for seeking employment in relevant helping professions, educational institutions, and for securing a place on a specialist psychology-related higher degree or doctorate programme. You could also become an individual counselling practitioner.
Students in Counselling and Positive Psychology from the University of Bolton will:
- be given the opportunity to deliver counselling and psychotherapy to clients under supervision.
- enjoy contributions from expert guest speakers on a range of subjects covered in this postgraduate programme.
- enhance their employability or progress to further studies in psychology or counselling.
- Positive Psychology in Practice
- Supervised Counselling Practice
- Qualitative Inquiry
- Positive Psychology Dissertation
- Therapeutic Counselling
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPsychology Counselling Psychology View 842 other Masters in Psychology in United Kingdom
- You should have an Upper Second Class (2.1) Honours degree (or higher) in Psychology, which is accredited by the British Psychology Society for Graduate Basis for Registration (GBR) of the British Psychological Society (BPS).
- If you have a Lower Second Class (2:2) Honours degree in Psychology, then you may be accepted onto the programme following a successful interview. We may also ask you to provide a portfolio of your work, as part of the application process.
- Relevant work experience can also provide an advantage.
- This course does not confer Graduate Basis for Registration (GBR) with the British Psychological Society (BPS) – if you're seeking to achieve GBR, please consider applying for our MSc Psychology (Conversion) programme.
International12950 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12950 GBP per year during 18 months.
National4680 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4680 GBP per year during 18 months.
Living costs for Bolton
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.