The emphasis of this course is to develop critical thinking and the application of theoretical knowledge on legal practice. Your study will also take a unique view of the law as it relates to health care through the prism of human rights along with modules on corporate crime and justice as well as a deeper exploration of international human rights and the law of international trade. International Law and Social Justice is offered by University of Brighton.
Experienced lecturers will support you to develop your skills of critical thinking and legal and interdisciplinary discourse and will also feature guest talks. You are encouraged to join extracurricular activities such as mooting, client interviewing and pro bono work to encourage you to develop skills in legal research, problem solving, critical analysis and communication.
Students graduating from this course will be in a position to continue onto vocational training courses enabling them to work in the legal profession or to go into careers for NGOs, the Law Commission or charities.
Recent Law graduates have joined companies in roles such as:
- Alpha Shindara Legal, Legal Secretary
- Aston Bond, Solicitor
- Bennett Griffin, Trainee Solicitor
- Bernard Chill & Axtell Solicitors, Trainee Solicitor
- Blake Morgan LLP, Litigation Paralegal
- BlueBay Asset Management, Compliance Intern
- Carmelite Chambers, Barrister
- Financial Ombudsman Service, Adjudicator
- Fox William, Trainee Solicitor
- G2 Legal, Junior Consultant
- Howlett Clarke, Legal Assistant
- Mayo Wynne Baxter, Paralegal
- Nationwide, Fraud Analyst
- Turpin Miller, Solicitor
- International Human Rights and Social Justice
- Law and Policy of International Trade, Enterprise and the Environment
- Human Rights and Healthcare
- Corporate Crime and Justice
- Dissertation or Street Law
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Generally there's no deadline for applying for a postgraduate course at Brighton.
DisciplinesInternational Law Legal Studies Master of Laws (LLM) View 391 other Masters in International Law in United Kingdom
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Starting from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Brighton and/or in United Kingdom, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- You must have obtained a good honours law degree at 2:2 or above from a UK or Republic of Ireland institution. Non-law honours degrees will be considered on an individual basis.
- Applicants without a UK or Republic of Ireland degree must hold a qualification in law which is at least equivalent to a good honours law degree at 2:2 or above awarded by a UK university.
- If you can demonstrate relevant work experience your application will be considered on an individual basis.
- Prospective students without a degree in law will be required to successfully complete a pre-course module in Legal Systems, Methods and Skills.
- You must also display strong analytical and written skills and a motivation to study law.
International14270 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14270 GBP per year during 12 months.
National9700 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9700 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Brighton
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.