The need for smart buildings, with improved reliability and performance and low environmental impact, has driven the industry to be more responsive to new and advanced technologies. Digital Construction MSc is offered by University of Brighton
You'll understand, manage and apply new and advanced technologies to industry’s current practice, including Building Information Modelling, robotics and automation, AR/VR, point-cloud scanning, AI and the Internet of Things.
Working closely with your supervisor you will undertake a substantial research or design project that reflects your interests and career aspirations. Option modules in areas including environmental sciences, built environment, energy and sustainability, complement your study.
In your career you need a combination of knowledge, skills, personal qualities and relevant experiences – and you’ll get all of this from your degree.
- Gain a critical understanding of the issues of digital construction theory and practice and their societal implications when applied throughout the lifecycle of buildings (ideation, design, construction/retrofit, operation and decommissioning).
- Develop knowledge and skills required for digital design, fabrication construction and assembly to formulate optimal solutions to enhance productivity and achieve sustainable, smart and responsive built environment.
- Digital Design and Fabrication
- Digital Construction and Assembly
- Masters Dissertation/ Final Design Project
- Sustainable Construction
- Project Risk and Financial Analysis
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Generally there's no deadline for applying for a postgraduate course at Brighton.
DisciplinesCivil Engineering & Construction Geographical Information Systems (GIS) Environmental Management View 292 other Masters in Civil Engineering & Construction in United Kingdom
Honours degree; or other degree plus at least two years postgraduate experience in a position of responsibility; or full membership of a relevant chartered professional body.
International15462 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15462 GBP per year during 12 months.
National8856 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8856 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Brighton
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.