Why you should study this course
From concept to construction, the Civil Engineering - Civil Engineering (Technical Route) programme at Coventry University aims to cover the technical skills required to analyse, design and develop sound solutions to civil engineering projects. Using case studies, practical sessions, simulation labs and site visits to live projects (subject to availability), you will apply engineering principles and use computer modelling techniques to analyse complex engineering systems, gaining valuable experience of the work you will carry out in an industrial context. Past projects have included the Severn Trent building and the Coventry A45/A46 by-pass.
- These highly practical courses are delivered with input from industry to help you establish or advance your career in the construction industry. Accredited by the Joint Board of Moderators (JBM), the courses meet the educational base for Chartered Engineer (CEng) status and successful completion provides automatic progression for holders of an accredited bachelor’s degree.
- Coventry University offers modern facilities in our High Performance Engineering Centre, including construction site management simulation.
- We currently have links with industry and the course is developed and delivered by academic lecturers and guest speakers (subject to availability) in collaboration with civil engineering employers, such as Underground Professional Services and Morgan Sindall.
- The courses are designed to develop knowledge and understanding of engineering principles and practices, together with methods used to analyse, design, construct and manage construction projects proficiently.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Connection Design
- Applied Finite Element Analysis
- Strategic Management for Construction and Engineering
- Soil-structure Interaction
- Construction Contract and Law
- Bridge Engineering
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesCivil Engineering & Construction Materials Science & Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 746 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Starting from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Coventry University and/or in United Kingdom, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Normal entry requires a minimum 2:2 undergraduate honours degree in Civil Engineering. Holders of CEng accredited Bachelor’s degree can enrol on the course provided they meet the entry requirements. This will automatically meet the educational base for Chartered Engineer status.
- Holders of an IEng accredited or an overseas Bachelor’s degree will need to apply for an academic assessment to be formally approved for CEng. They may be required to complete extra modules if their Bachelor degree is deemed to be not technical enough.
- We recognise a breadth of qualifications; speak to one of our advisers today to find out how we can help you.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International18250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18250 GBP per year during 12 months.
National10600 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10600 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Coventry
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.