Our focus is on the application of theory and research methods in the development of initiatives, policies, and practice. In addition, we give special emphasis to criminal justice ethics, issues of diversity in criminal justice, critical thinking, and leadership.
The Criminal Justice students from Seattle University go on to successful careers in all sectors of the criminal justice system, including law enforcement, courts, corrections, social service, policy, and research.
Seattle University graduate Online Master Of Legal Studies In Compliance And Risk Management students should be able to:
- Evaluate and analyze a contemporary CJ issue with advanced knowledge of CJ terminology, major topic areas/issues in criminal justice and criminological theory, and ethical issues in crime and justice.
- Design a research proposal and conduct computer-based statistical analysis at basic (descriptive) level.
- Understand the interdisciplinary nature of criminal justice and ethical issues in law enforcement, courts, and corrections.
- Articulate key concepts in criminology and criminal justice.
- Prepare and present a paper orally using multimedia/technology.
- Master content in upper-level specialization courses.
- Criminal Justice Theory
- Advanced Criminological Theory
- Law and Social Control
- Organizational Theory and Analysis in Criminal Justice
- Criminal Justice Ethics and Decision Making
- Statistical Analysis
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesCriminal Law Legal Studies View 99 other Masters in Criminal Law in United States
- Seattle University is waiving the $55 fee for new applications
- Applications for non-matriculated students are accepted quarterly
- Bachelor's degree in criminal justice or related social, behavioral, or physical science.
- Three letters of recommendation from academic and/or professional references who are able to assess potential to do graduate study
- Statement of purpose discussing background, interests, and reasons for wanting to pursue MACJ
- Writing sample (for example, an undergraduate paper)
- Professional résumé or curriculum vita
- Selected candidates contacted for interview with MACJ faculty
International22950 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 765 USD per credit during 24 months.
National22950 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 765 USD per credit during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.