Designed for applicants with an honours Bachelor degree in business, economics or law, this full time twelve month interdisciplinary course is structured to include foundational and advanced material to build students’ knowledge and understanding of law and finance. It will provide students with the capacity to embrace current and future changes in respect of financial regulation, EU law and financial innovation, and will develop students’ technical skills in understanding financial and legal concepts and the analytic ability to apply these skills.
Law and Finance Career Opportunities
The MSc in Law and Finance at Trinity College Dublin will be beneficial for lawyers working in contract and corporate law, corporate finance, funds, securities, financial regulation, those working in the financial services industry as well as those in the legal sector. Many of those employed in corporate finance in investment banks have a background in law, making the programme a popular choice for those working in banking, asset management or regulation. Our graduates are in a prime position to launch their career in law and finance.
- Corporate Finance and Corporate Governance
- Business Ethics
- EU Financial Services Law
- Investment Theory
- Dissertation: Choice of a dissertation supervised either by the Law School or by Trinity Business School, with interdisciplinary perspectives being encouraged.
- A first or upper second-class honours degree in business, economics or law. If you have yet to complete your degree, submit your most recent transcripts. If your transcript is not in English, please also supply a certified translation;
- Two academic referees;
- Work experience (optional);
- An English competency exam (see below for accepted qualifications);
- A completed application form.
International20500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20500 EUR per year during 12 months.
EU/EEA16200 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16200 EUR per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Dublin
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.