The Public Health (Evidence Based Healthcare) programme at The University of Manchester meets the training needs of health professionals and healthcare scientists around the world, and will enable you to interpret and communicate research evidence as applied to a variety of settings.
Contemporary public health practice requires practitioners to be adaptable and flexible, with a broad experience of a range of subject areas.
As public health is a rapidly changing and interdisciplinary field, our programme is constantly evolving with new course units and topics being introduced regularly to ensure that you are at the forefront of contemporary public health practice. We also have additional learning opportunities through our research and CPD programme that deal with the hot topics in public health and primary care.This course will equip you with:
- the skills and knowledge to apply to public health concerns at local, national and international level;
- the ability to apply relevant theory and scientific principles to practical situations;
- the capability of meeting core-competencies in public health.
This course will help clinicians to provide optimal patient care and provides a sound basis for health science researchers to progress to doctoral study. The content has been designed by international leaders in the field of evidence-based healthcare.
- Evidence Based Practice
- Evidence Synthesis: Systematic Reviews
- Guideline Development and Implementation
- Public Health
- Health Promotion Theory & Methods
- Engaging the Hard to Reach for Health Gain
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesPublic Health Health Sciences View 276 other Masters in Public Health in United Kingdom
- We require a minimum of an Upper Second honours degree or the overseas equivalent.
- Significant relevant research or professional experience may be considered in place of an academic qualification lower than an Upper Second.
- If you fail to meet the above entry criteria you will be considered on an individual basis, but may be required to enrol initially on another route, such as a PGCert or PGDip before being considered to progress onto the MPH course.
International20500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20500 GBP per year during 12 months.
National10500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10500 GBP per year during 12 months.
- UK students: £1,050 per 15 credits and £4200 for dissertation
- International students: £2,050 per 15 credits and £8,200 for dissertation
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.