The curriculum offers theoretical courses, advanced clinical and education practica. The Nursing Education theoretical courses at Villanova University are available online or on campus. Students select a population and area of clinical interest for the clinical practicum: adult-gerontology, parent-child health, community health or psychiatric/mental health.
Students also select an academic or clinical setting for the final student teaching practicum. As you develop as a nursing educator, you will create curricula, plan programs and teach with master teacher clinicians. There is also opportunity to spend time with an expert nurse educator in a clinical and academic setting to begin to internalize the nurse educator role.
At the completion of this concentration, the graduate is able to:
- Integrate advanced knowledge and experience in a broadly-based clinical practice area into the educator role.
- Participate knowledgeably in the development, implementation, revision, and evaluation of nursing curricula and nursing programs.
- Apply theories of education and related sciences as a basis for education.
- Utilize a variety of teaching strategies and educational resources to facilitate learning in the classroom and clinical areas and to enhance student and staff development.
- Utilize various modalities in the educational process.
- Conceptualize one's individual role as educator and one's personal philosophy of teaching.
- Propose strategies to resolve conflicts and tensions among the multiple roles of an educator.
- Appreciate the need for nurse educators to be an integral part of the university/health agency or community, to continue their own development and to pursue doctoral education.
- Analyze the broad context or system in which the educator role is implemented.
- Analyze the issues and trends in higher education, and specifically in nursing education, and their impact on the development of nursing education.
- Clinical Ethics: Theory and Practice
- Development of Nursing Science
- Nursing Research: The Practice Connection
- Leadership Strategies in Nursing
- Health Promotion of the Growing Child
- Advanced Pathophysiology
- 18 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Nursing Health Administration View 901 other Masters in Health Administration in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Complete Online Application for Admission
- Personal Goal Statement identifying career goals that are congruent with the purposes of the program and indicate appropriate communication and writing skills
- Application fee
- TOEFL or IELTS (non-native English speakers)
- Transcripts from all schools attended must be submitted. Transcripts originating from academic institutions outside of the U.S. must be translated and a course-by-course evaluation performed by World Education Service or a comparable credential evaluation service.
- Three (3) Letters of Recommendation
- Upon acceptance, a comprehensive criminal background check through Complio (Villanova's online compliance tracking service) is required.
- Each applicant must document the ability to speak, read and write English as evidenced by satisfactory scores on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or International English Language Testing System (IELTS).
International30513 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 995 USD per credit during 18 months.
National30513 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 995 USD per credit during 18 months.
Living costs for Philadelphia
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.