Adult-Gerontology Nurse Practitioner core courses from Villanova University prepare you with the foundational knowledge required of all graduate students. These core courses can be taken on campus or online. Our clinical courses enable you to build on your existing clinical skills, broaden your knowledge base related to adult-gerontology primary care, and gain the knowledge and skills essential to independent or collaborative practice in primary care settings.
We place our students with preceptors who serve as mentors and role models throughout the clinical practice experience. Our graduates are highly respected for their knowledge and expertise and are employed in primary care settings across the country. Graduates also have the option to continue in the DNP program.
At completion of this track, graduates will be able to:
- Integrate advanced knowledge and experience in delivering safe, effective quality care of clients in primary care.
- Demonstrate competence in managing the health/ illness status of clients in primary care.
- Manage and negotiate within the health care delivery system on behalf of clients in primary care.
- Monitor and ensure quality health care for clients in primary care.
- Incorporate an understanding of family systems and dynamics in planning and providing primary health care for clients.
- Demonstrate leadership and competence in implementing the role of the primary care nurse practitioner
- Engage in counseling, communication, collaboration and teaching in a manner that reflects caring, advocacy, ethics and professional standards.
- Conceptualize one's individual role as a primary care nurse practitioner and one's personal philosophy of primary care practice.
- Healthy Lifestyles & Human Val
- Health Assessment
- Essentials of Nursing Practice
- Foundation in Nursing and Health
- Nursing Care Adults & Older Adults
- 18 months
- 30 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesNursing Gerontology View 136 other Masters in Gerontology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Complete Online Application for Admission
- Personal Goal Statement identifying career goals that are congruent with the purposes of the program and indicate appropriate communication and writing skills
- Application fee
- TOEFL or IELTS (non-native English speakers)
- Transcripts from all schools attended must be submitted. Transcripts originating from academic institutions outside of the U.S. must be translated and a course-by-course evaluation performed by World Education Service or a comparable credential evaluation service.
- Three (3) Letters of Recommendation
- Upon acceptance, a comprehensive criminal background check through Complio (Villanova's online compliance tracking service) is required.
- Each applicant must document the ability to speak, read and write English as evidenced by satisfactory scores on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or International English Language Testing System (IELTS).
International25870 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 995 USD per credit during 18 months.
National25870 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 995 USD per credit during 18 months.
Living costs for Philadelphia
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.