Course descriptionThe range of pathways reflects the interdisciplinary nature of the course and we welcome applications from students with backgrounds in a range of disciplines, including:
- business and management;
- health science;
- social sciences;
- computer science;
- computational skills;
- data analytical skills;
- data stewardship skills and knowledge;
- project design skills.
The innovative Data Science (Computer Science Data Informatics) programme at The University of Manchester is an opportunity for graduates from a broad range of disciplines to develop data science skills.
- Digital Biology
- Health Informatics
- Data Engineering
- Representation Learning
- Text Mining
- Computer Vision
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesInformatics & Information Technology Computer Sciences Data Science & Big Data View 253 other Masters in Informatics & Information Technology in United Kingdom
- High 2:1 honours degree (or overseas equivalent)
- We require that all applicants have a strong background in Computer Science reflected, for example, in solid programming and software development skills. We typically expect a First or strong Upper Second class honours degree, or the overseas equivalent, in Computer Science, or in a joint degree with at least 50% Computer Science content.
- Applicants with extensive Computer Science industrial experience and an honours degree in Computer Science, or its overseas equivalent, may also be considered for admission.
- data analytics and/or statistics;
- computational subjects; and
- pathway specific requirements.
International31000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31000 GBP per year during 12 months.
National15500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15500 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Manchester
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.