As a speech and language therapist you will provide life-changing treatment, support and care for children and adults who have difficulties communicating and/or eating, drinking and swallowing. It can be a very varied and deeply rewarding career. This Speech and Language Therapy (Pre-Registration) course at Queen Margaret University will enable you to apply for registration with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) and the Royal College of Speech and Language Therapists (RCSLT) and to practise as a speech and language therapist in the UK.
Graduates have excellent employment prospects. Most go on to work within the NHS across a range of settings including clinics, schools, hospitals and the community although an increasing number also take up appointments in private organisations. Some graduates have taken up research posts and some have gone on to study for higher degrees.
International applicants should be aware that students may have to undertake some additional study/examinations to be eligible for registration with the professional body in their own country.
- Speech and Language Pathology: Developmental and Acquired Dysphagia
- Speech and Language Pathology: Speech Sound Disorders
- Speech and Language Pathology: Developmental Language Disorder
- Speech and Language Pathology: Developmental Disorders of Social Communication
- Speech and Language Pathology: Organic Speech Impairments and Voice Disorder
- Speech and Language Pathology: Physical, Sensory and Intellectual Impairment
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesCommunication Studies Health Sciences Linguistics View 119 other Masters in Communication Studies in United Kingdom
- An Upper second class degree or above is required Evidence of experience of working with/ caring for/supporting people with communication impairments, for example through professional or voluntary work, is essential. Applicants should be able to evidence that they understand the role of the SLT.
- International: You will be required to provide evidence of English language competence at no less than IELTS 8.0 with no individual element below 7.5 or TOEFL (IBT) minimum score of 118/120.
- Criminal Records Check: A satisfactory criminal records check will be required.
International17900 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17900 GBP per year during 24 months.
National9680 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9680 GBP per year during 24 months.
- Scotland/UK/ROI: £10,880 (year 2 fee includes £1,200 dissertation fee)
- International: £21,500 (year 2 fee includes dissertation fee)
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.