Medicine and Medical Engineering (Dual) from Western Michigan University offers a five year program leading to both an MD and an MS in Medical Engineering. Pursuing this dual degree provides training and a focus for those interested in creating new medical devices, diagnostic technologies, treatments, and/or processes.
Students at Medicine and Medical Engineering (Dual) from Western Michigan University will:
- become professionals and create technologies to improve healthcare.
- have personal attention, access to highly accomplished faculty, flexibility to explore their interests, and the support you need to achieve and grow.
- be prepared for a career in engineering and healthcare
- Identification of Medical Engineering Opportunities – Clinical Rotations
- Identification of Medical Engineering Needs & Specifications
- Medical Engineering
- Innovation & Concept Generation
- Medical Engineering Modeling & Testing
- Guided Independent Learning
- Simulation-Based Learning
- 60 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBio & Biomedical Engineering Biomedicine Human Medicine View 685 other Masters in Human Medicine in United States
- A minimum overall GPA of 3.0. At least 90 hours of course work for the bachelor’s degree must be at an institution accredited by a regional accreditor that is recognized by both the U.S. Department of Education and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation.
- U.S. citizenship or permanent residency status.
- A minimum MCAT of 497, within the last three years.
- Applicants must submit a minimum of three and no more than four letters of reference through the AMCAS Letters Service.
- Essay Questions
- Online Assessment
- Application Fee
- Phone Interview
International31650 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1055 USD per credit during 60 months.
National31650 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1055 USD per credit during 60 months.
In-State21090 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 703 USD per credit during 60 months.
Living costs for Kalamazoo
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.