Medical Engineering from Western Michigan University is focused on the interface between the traditional disciplines of medicine and engineering where exciting advances in medical devices technology and innovative procedures are occurring. You will select specialty courses that best match your career goals. MedE students are dual enrolled at Western Michigan University to take advantage of some of the in-depth graduate offerings in these areas. As the capstone to the program, all students will complete a thesis. This final capstone will immerse you in a clinical setting giving you the opportunity to apply the knowledge and skills learned to improve healthcare.
MedE students will have opportunities to interact with engineers, clinicians, surgeons, tissue engineers, residents, nurses, medical technologists, and business and regulatory experts.
- Identification of Medical Engineering Opportunities – Clinical Rotations
- Identification of Medical Engineering Needs & Specifications
- Medical Engineering
- Innovation & Concept Generation
- Medical Engineering Modeling & Testing
- Regulation of Medical Devices
- Intellectual Property Creation & Management
- Specialty Track Classes
- Healthcare Systems Engineering
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
Any applications received after this date will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
DisciplinesBio & Biomedical Engineering Biomedicine Health Sciences View 2438 other Masters in Health Sciences in United States
- Undergraduate GPA of 3.00 or higher. The committee will weigh most heavily on the most recent 60 credits.
- Hold either U.S. citizenship or permanent residency.
- Submit the online application.
- Personal statement describing your professional goals in pursuing a degree in medical engineering and research interests (no more than 1500 words)
- Curriculum vitae
- Transcripts (unofficial are sufficient - official copies will be required if accepted)
- $100 application fee
- Two letters of reference should be sent to WMed Admissions. Instructions for letter writers can be found here.
- GRE or MCAT scores (optional)
International31650 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1055 USD per credit during 24 months.
National31650 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1055 USD per credit during 24 months.
In-State21090 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 703 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Kalamazoo
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.