Biomedical Sciences from Western Michigan University coursework is designed to strengthen understanding in basic science material, providing a stronger foundation as the student enters medical school. A distinct benefit of enrolling in the master’s degree program is the linkage to the medical program. When accepted to the Master of Science in Biomedical Sciences program, students are conditionally accepted to the MD program for the following year.
Students at Biomedical Sciences from Western Michigan University will:
- be in a diverse and inclusive environment
- serve the medical needs of our community.
- Transition to Master of Science in Biomedical Sciences
- Cellular Biochemistry
- Molecular Genetics
- Principles of Immunology
- Cell Growth and Development
- Normal and Forensic Anatomy
- Histology and Cell Biology
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiomedicine Biology Human Medicine View 327 other Masters in Biomedicine in United States
- A minimum overall GPA of 3.0.
- A minimum MCAT of 497, within the last three years.
- Taken the Medical College Admission Test (MCAT) within three years (the oldest MCAT accepted for 2022 matriculation is January 1, 2019).
- Proficiency in keyboarding, and in written and spoken English.
- Applicants must submit a minimum of three and no more than four letters of reference through the AMCAS Letters Service.
- Essay Questions
- Online Assessment
- Application Fee
- Phone Interview
International31650 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1055 USD per credit during 12 months.
National31650 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1055 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State21090 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 703 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Kalamazoo
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.