When you study physics and astrophysics at UND, the universe is your classroom. The most fundamental of all the sciences, physics and astrophysics offers fascinating insights into how the world works.The graduate Physics and Astrophysics program at University of North Dakota is characterized by small classes and a collaborative approach. You'll work closely with acclaimed faculty on cutting-edge research on topics like solid-state physics, materials science and astrophysics, and you'll contribute to the field by writing an original thesis.Through the master's program in Physics & Astrophysics at UND, you'll gain:
- Competency in graduate-level mechanics, electromagnetism, quantum mechanics, theoretical methods and more
- In-depth research skills
- Strong oral presentation skills
- Experience in writing research papers
- The analytical skills required to work as a professional physicist
- Solid State Physics
- Methods of Theoretical Physics
- Quantum Mechanics
- Theory of Electricity and Magnetism
- Analytical Mechanics
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesPhysics Natural Sciences View 408 other Masters in Natural Sciences in United States
- Two complete sets of official transcripts (one with English translation) for all undergraduate and graduate work attempted.
- Official copy of your diploma or degree certificate (if you have already received your degree).
- Three letters of reference.
- Statement of purpose.
- Required English test scores (TOEFL scores older than two years are not valid and will not be accepted). All test scores must be sent directly by ETS.
International25639 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25639 USD per year during 24 months.
National19658 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19658 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State13677 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13677 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Grand Forks
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.