- This course is part of the Design School's Postgraduate Framework, which promotes interdisciplinary practice opportunities, underpins research, supports personal trajectory and industry contact, and includes a supporting lecture series.
- Lecturers are industry specialists and bring a broad mix of experience and opinion to the course. The combined teaching team of lecturers, visiting lecturers and guest lecturers includes David Weatherhead, Lucy Kurrein, Sebastian Bergne, Ian Ferguson, Rosemary Anrude, Kacper Hamilton, Matthew Long and Sophie Smallhorn.
- The action of "making" is the signature of the course. We seek critical thinkers and makers that seek to challenge and evolve contemporary practice through the physical domain.
What will you study?
The Product & Furniture Design course at Kingston University proposes a hands-on approach to design, encompassing research techniques, teamwork, learning through making and developing finished objects intended for craft, industrial production or conceptual prototype.
Students are expected to have a robust personal approach with direction and purpose reflecting their own area of study. Students are required to be self-directed, reflective and practical in approach. The course is studio and project based. Activities can include specialist lectures, workshop inductions, group and personal tutorials, seminars and symposiums.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Designing Research
- Creative Futures
- Creative Practice : Design Thinking & Making
- Critical Practice
- Major Project
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesDesign Environmental Management View 407 other Masters in Design in United Kingdom
- A good honours degree or equivalent in a related art, design or craft subject and/or appropriate professional experience.
- A portfolio of work reflecting your experience and skills working in 2D and 3D.
- We also welcome applicants with relevant professional or vocational experience.
International17600 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 17600 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA9500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9500 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
- MA part time £5,225
- MA part time £9,680
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.