Graduates will gain competencies in theory, research, and application of best teaching practices in their respective fields.
The Teacher Education for Initial Certification degree from Western Kentucky University offers three concentrations: Elementary Education (grades K-5); Middle or Secondary Education (grades P-12 or 5-12 or 8-12 depending on certification area); and, Secondary Science and Mathematics Residency (grades P-12).
Students in this program may or may not hold a temporary provisional teaching certificate. Program faculty advisors will assist students in selecting appropriate coursework and culminating experiences to meet their career goals. Contact the Office of Professional Educator Services for more information about teacher certification.
- Elementary Education (EEED)
- Middle or Secondary Education (EMSE)
- Secondary Science and Mathematics Residency (ERSM)
- Advanced Internship for the MAT
- Advanced Educational Psychology
- Education of Exceptional Children
- Literacy Development and Instruction
- Methods of Teaching Literacy to Adolescents
- Organization of Elementary School Curriculum
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesEducation Educational Psychology Teaching View 607 other Masters in Educational Psychology in United States
- Official transcript documenting an earned baccalaureate degree with a major in an approved certification area (see lists in the Overview) with a cumulative GPA of 2.75.
- Letter of application including professional goals
- Criminal background check
- Three letters of reference
- Physical examination (including TB test)
- Signed code of ethics
- PRAXIS II test with a passing score in the undergraduate major (not required for elementary concentration)
International28590 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 953 USD per credit during 12 months.
National27510 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 917 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State18210 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 607 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Bowling Green
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.