Why study this course?
- Learn about water: from the atmosphere, to surface and sub-surface in one of the few Masters programmes globally to span the hydrological cycle: from climate, to surface-water and catchment hydrology and groundwater, with a strongly applied inter-disciplinary perspective that includes environmental governance and policy.
- Explore water problems in Dubai and the surrounding region – the pace of recent development, in and around Dubai, provides a unique opportunity to look at the practical challenges of using water sustainably during times of rapid economic change.
- Possibility to link study in Dubai with overseas fieldwork – Water Management is a strongly applied subject and you will learn about different environments and the problems of ensuring water security whilst maintaining water dependent ecosystems.
- Develop interdisciplinary understanding – the Water Resources Management programme embraces sub-disciplines covering the atmosphere and hydrosphere and including environmental governance, health and policy.
- Acquire key transferable skills enhancing employability – there is a high demand for graduates that are both literate and numerate. In completing this course you can be confident that you will have the skills needed in today’s fast changing work-place.
On completing this Water Resources Management programme from University of Birmingham Dubai, you will be equipped to make immediate contributions to, and in time lead, teams studying water and environmental management. You will receive training in key transferable skills, increasingly required by employers (numerical analysis; Geographical Information Systems; understanding of environmental policy and environmental management systems) with research-informed teaching, engaging with professionals and government officials, authentic assessments, and real-world dissertation projects.
On completing the programme you will be ideally qualified for a wide range of careers including:
- Environmental Consultant
- Flood risk engineer
- Groundwater hydrologist
- Water Resources Engineerer
- Water Company scientist
- Agricultural water management
- Drainage engineer
- Groundwater Hydrology
- Environmental analysis and modelling
- Water Quality Monitoring & Management
- Water Policy and Governance
- Water and Health
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesManagement Studies Hydrology & Water Management View 3 other Masters in Hydrology & Water Management in United Arab Emirates
2:1, or equivalent, in a cogent subject or 2:2, or equivalent, plus relevant work experience
Living costs for Dubai
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.