The Public Health programme from University of Birmingham Dubai will equip you with a broad academic training in public health and epidemiology across the full breadth of public health topics. In addition to a thorough grounding in applied health research methods and health information, you will be introduced to key areas of public health practice, such as health promotion, population approaches to healthcare planning and delivery, and health protection.
Why study this course?
- Our programme is an internationally recognised qualification in Public Health and is essential for professional advancement in the fields of public and global health.
- The University of Birmingham is a renowned centre of international excellence for teaching and research in public health - we are members of the NIHR School for Public Health Research, which brings together a number of English institutions with excellence in this field.
- Study the full breadth of Public Health topics taught by our world-leading academics, practitioners and researchers, who will challenge and encourage you to become an independent and self-motivated learner.
- Develop a broad range of skills that are invaluable for planning, management and evaluation of health services, for disease prevention, health protection and for health promotion.
- Contribute to the ever-changing world of global public health and build a fulfilling and rewarding career in a wide range of professional settings, both within and outside Public Health and Epidemiology.
A Master in Public Health is internationally recognised as essential for professional advancement in the fields of public and global health. Our graduates have pursued successful careers in a variety of sectors, both within and outside of the health sector.
Our graduates have pursued successful careers in a variety of sectors, both within and outside of the health sector. Examples include working within;
- National and local healthcare and public health services
- Ministries of health and other government bodies
- Commercial health technology and pharmaceutical companies
- National and international non-governmental organisations
- Academic research and further education
- Epidemiology Statistics and Research Methods
- Practical Epidemiology and Statistics
- Systematic Reviews and Evidence Synthesis
- Health Information and Health Informatics
- Health Protection
- Healthcare Public Health
- Health Improvement
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesPublic Health Health Administration Health Sciences View 8 other Masters in Public Health in United Arab Emirates
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- A minimum 2:1 or above in a relevant undergraduate degree, or an equivalent professional qualification and professional experience.
- Applicants who do not meet this requirement but who have relevant experience, may be considered. Please get in touch with us to discuss your suitability prior to applying.
International31114 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31114 EUR for the full programme during 12 months.
National31114 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31114 EUR for the full programme during 12 months.
AED 125,869 (1 year full-time)AED 62,934 (2 years part-time)
Living costs for Dubai
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.