This International Dispute Resolution programme from University of Birmingham Dubai will suit a those looking to enhance their professional experience, or someone looking to gain the practical and theoretical knowledge to specialise in dispute resolution.
Why study this course?
- International reputation - Birmingham Law School is ranked in the 100 (QS World Rankings 2020) and Top 60 (THE 2022) best law schools in the world and has an international reputation for its research and teaching.
- Excellent career prospects - alumni from Birmingham Law School consistently find employment in the leading international law firms. Many have achieved international distinction as lawyers, academics, in the judiciary and in other fields such as commerce and public service. Joining the programme will involve joining a vibrant global community of students, alumni and academics
- Transferable skills - this advanced LLM Law degree prepares you for a wide range of careers as it enables you to develop your skills in research and writing through assessed work and a substantial dissertation written under the supervision of a specialist in the subject
- Support and guidance - you will have access to a range of support services -including excellent library resources and support in developing skills in research, drafting and other subject-specific skills.
Your Birmingham degree is evidence of your ability to succeed in a demanding academic environment. Employers target Birmingham students for their drive, diversity, communication and problem-solving skills, ateam-working abilities and cultural awareness.
Our graduates move onto a diverse range of careers, with many going on to work in top law schools and law firms. Some examples of where our recent graduates have gone on to work include the UK Home Office, Pinsent Masons LLP, HSBC, Vodaphone and Kinstellar. A number of our postgraduate students go directly from Birmingham to complete the Solicitors Qualifying Exam, Bar Professional Training Course and many other international professional qualifications.
- Legal Research
- International Oil and Gas Law
- International and English Sales Law
- International Commercial Conflict of Laws
- International Commercial Dispute Resolution
- Sustainable Energy and the Environment
- Intellectual Property Law
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesInternational Law Legal Studies Master of Laws (LLM) View 11 other Masters in Master of Laws (LLM) in United Arab Emirates
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
Applicants should have a good Honours degree in law, or a degree in another discipline augmented with a pass in the Common Professional Examination.
International25675 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25675 EUR for the full programme during 12 months.
National25675 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25675 EUR for the full programme during 12 months.
The annual tuition fee is for full-time study is AED 103,864, or AED 51,932 for part-time.
Living costs for Dubai
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.