The Medical Imaging Technology course from Birmingham City University comprises both a taught component and a research project, giving you the skills and knowledge required to pursue a career in applied medical imaging technology field within clinical medicine, medical research, and scientific research or development. The course offers you the opportunity to undertake an optional summer placement and work independently or as a team, to solve medical imaging technology problems, by interacting very closely with a range of professionals. Such professionals may vary from medical engineers to medical practitioners, from private medical device industries or local healthcare trusts (such as NHS), who are in partnership with the Faculty of Health, Education and Life Sciences.
Why Choose Us?
- You will learn in a multidisciplinary environment alongside physicists, engineers, healthcare professionals, clinicians and other professionals from a range of fields.
- The course is open to students from a wide range of backgrounds (such as science, engineering, medicine, biology, etc.)
- Partnership working with medical technology SME’s / NHS Trust partners.
- You will have the opportunity to undertake selective summer projects with a Medical Imaging Technology placement provider, such that you can gain valuable work based employment skills. With the support of the course team, you will need to source your specialised projects.
- Practitioners alongside the staff from the faculty and wider university involved in the delivery of curriculum.
- Principles of Experimental Design and Ethical Practices in Engineering and Technology for Medicine
- Introduction to STEMM Principles and Practices for Technical Decision Making
- Medical Imaging Equipment and Healthcare Technology
- Fundamental Principles and Applications of Molecular Medical Image Synthesis and Processing
- Master Research Project
- 15 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesPublic Health Human Medicine Medical Imaging View 1022 other Masters in Public Health in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Applications will be through UCAS or direct application to the University. Opportunities for Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) will be identified during the admissions process and will be on an individual basis before enrolment.
- Applicants need to hold at least a Second Class Honours degree or equivalent in an engineering, technical, life sciences, medicine or medical aligned qualification.
- Applicants without standard entry qualifications who can demonstrate and provide evidence of the necessary knowledge and skills and experience (of minimum three years) to successfully complete the course will also be considered.
International16300 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16300 GBP per year during 15 months.
National10000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10000 GBP per year during 15 months.
Living costs for Birmingham
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.