Whether you are looking to start a career in networking or to progress in your current career, we have designed this course with the most relevant and state of the art developments to give you practical technical experience in the domain of enterprise network design, penetration testing, network automation and more.
This Advanced Computer Networks course from Birmingham City University, intends to develop your competence in using tools and techniques for designing, configuring, and managing Enterprise networks leveraging the latest protocols, technologies and features, and securing these networked systems against networking attacks and exploits.
Why Choose Us?
- Home to the Centre for Cloud Computing - This houses the Cisco Networking Academy, which has an international reputation for delivering high-quality teaching, training and support across Europe, the Middle East and Africa.
- State-of-the-art equipment and purpose-built facilities - Our industry-standard facilities enable access to forensic software, network security software for penetration testing, and Cloud software.
- Opportunities to engage in advanced studies - Use problem-based learning and flipped curricula strategies. You will work in groups and independently to deliver solutions to industry-related problems and scenarios.
- Highly employable graduates - Our students have secured roles with companies such as Huawei and JBC Computer LTD. The unique combination of employer-led, research-informed technical knowledge and practical experience on industry-standard resources makes our graduates more employable and sought after.
- Advanced Enterprise Networks
- Wireless Communication
- Applied Machine Learning
- Advanced Ethical Hacking
- NetworkAutomation and Orchestration
- Individual Master's Project
- 12 months
- 20 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesComputer Sciences Digital Communication View 199 other Masters in Digital Communication in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Starting from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Birmingham City University and/or in United Kingdom, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- In order to be considered for a place on this course, you must have passed a relevant honours degree at minimum of 2:2 or equivalent.
International16300 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16300 GBP per year during 12 months.
National7900 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7900 GBP per year during 12 months.
Part-Time: £878 per 20 credits
Living costs for Birmingham
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.