English and Film Studies from Wilfrid Laurier University teaches you to apply your critical thinking and communication skills in concrete situations, through practical assignments and projects such as organizing debates and class colloquia, and through producing conference papers, chapbooks, book and film reviews, author interviews, blogs, reports and media releases.
Our graduate students have launched successful careers in the publishing industry, education and government, the media and entertainment industry, the information technology sector, law, journalism, the business sector and much more.
- Research Methods,
- Professional Issues
- graphic narratives,
- digital and visual media,
- 8 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesFilm, Photography & Media Language Studies Literature View 51 other Masters in Film, Photography & Media in Canada
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- The Application Summary, which is generated after you complete your OUAC application (log back in to OUAC to retrieve it).
- Transcripts of all undergraduate and graduate work.
- A completed statement of intent.
- A resume of your academic and work experience. Include a history of your publication and scholarly paper activity and any other information you feel will interest the admissions committee.
- A sample of your scholarly writing (10-20 pages in length). This may be a paper written for a senior undergraduate course.
- Completed reference forms. Two academic references are required. Note: Reference forms are electronically submitted to Laurier by the referee and do not need to be uploaded.
International13770 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6885 CAD per semester during 8 months.
National5244 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2622 CAD per semester during 8 months.
Tuition per term.
Living costs for Waterloo
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.