The Social Work (Hybrid) 38 credit hour program at Grand Valley State University is available on a part-time basis to Advanced Standing applicants, including 8 credit hours of Field Education. Advanced Standing status is for those who successfully completed a B.S.W. degree at a CSWE accredited program and meet other admission criteria. Course requirements are available online.
Why Study Social Work at Grand Valley?
- Learn to apply a range of theories and methods to practice at multisystemic levels.
- Become a culturally competent practitioner in an increasingly complex society through field education and practice.
- Are prepared to engage in grassroots, political, and community organizing as well as electoral politics.
- Become a skilled practitioner capable of assuming leadership and scholarly professional roles in regional, state, national, and global communities.
- Contribute to the ongoing development of professional social work knowledge and practice through research and scholarly inquiry that employ state-of-the-art technology.
- Earn a degree that is accredited by the Council on Social Work Education.
- The M.S.W. program and the M.P.A. program provides an opportunity to receive a combined degree of 81 credits.
You will study a variety of topics and methods:
- Substance abuse
- Human behavior
- Community-based learning, including global and domestic service learning
- Clinical diagnosis
- Social research and policy
- Practice with individuals, groups, families, organizations and communities
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesSocial Work Sociology View 513 other Masters in Social Work in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Completed graduate application for admission to both the M.S.W program and M.P.A program
- $30 nonrefundable application fee
- Official copies of transcripts from all institutions of higher education attended, other than Grand Valley
- Three recommendation forms from individuals able to attest to the candidate's qualifications for graduate work and professional practice
- Current resume detailing work and volunteer experience
- Graduate admissions statement responding to the five questions detailed in the M.S.W. admissions packet
- Coursework Requirement Form
International26904 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 708 USD per credit during 12 months.
National26904 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 708 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Allendale
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.