This Education, Special Education program at Grand Valley State University prepares candidates to effectively teach students with disabilities in a variety of settings and to effectively manage the classroom by developing the ability to adjust teaching practices according to individual student needs. The program features highly trained faculty who value interaction with candidates, robust clinical components and field placement opportunities, and content that is directly applicable to the K-12 classroom setting.
Why Study Special Education at Grand Valley?
- Grand Valley's M.Ed. in special education received the highest level of national recognition from the Council for Exceptional Children.
- Leadership and professional engagement along with networking opportunities are available through the Graduate Student Association and The Graduate School.
- Faculty members, with extensive experience, support and encourage success among students as educators in their academic endeavors at Grand Valley and later in their careers.
- Flexible classes offered evenings, weekends, online/hybrid, and during summer make it easier for working adults to plan their schedules.
- Accredited by The Higher Learning Commission and a member of the North Central Association.
All students will study a variety of subjects including:
- Evidence-based instructional practices
- Assessment practices
- Multi-tiered system of supports
- Instructional and assistive technology
- Positive behavior intervention and supports
- Transition practices
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Special Education View 3389 other Masters in Education in United States
- Application Materials: Graduate application, application fee, official transcripts from all previous colleges or universities attended, and copies of teaching/administrative certificates if required for program admission or approved waiver;
- Recommendations: Three professional or academic recommendations on COE recommendation forms, addressing the candidate’s potential for graduate study;
- Grade Point Average: Grade point average of 3.0 or better for the last 60 credits of undergraduate work taken from a regionally accredited institution; or
- Previous Master’s Degree: A prior master’s degree from a regionally accredited institution will be accepted in lieu of the minimum grade point average.
International26460 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 735 USD per credit during 12 months.
National26460 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 735 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Allendale
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.