The Cybersecurity program at Grand Valley State University contains broad coverage of the discipline, preparing students to address a wide variety of issues across an organization. Theoretical concepts are complemented by hands-on application throughout the program. All students will complete a Capstone experience consisting of either a thesis or an applied project.
Why Study Cybersecurity at Grand Valley?
- Theoretical foundation and practical experience offer excellent preparation for the job market, along with valuable industry experience.
- By focusing on the underlying principles behind cybersecurity, our program prepares students to handle future cybersecurity challenges in addition to today's threats.
- This Cybersecurity program is designed to be convenient for working professionals, with classes offered in evenings or online.
- All graduate faculty members are experts in the field, holding doctorate degrees.
- Opportunities for collaboration with faculty members conducting ongoing research.
The curriculum covers a breadth of cybersecurity related topics:
- Data analysis
- Network security
- Security policy
- Threat modeling
- Legal/ethical issues
- Secure software
- Systems security
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesIT Security Cyber Security View 321 other Masters in Cyber Security in United States
- Grade point average of 3.0 (B) from all undergraduate coursework or a satisfactory score on the GRE or GMAT test
- Resume detailing work experiences and accomplishments
- Personal statement of career goals and background experiences, including an explanation of how this program will help achieve educational and professional objectives
- Recommendations: Two professional or academic recommendations received online, addressing the candidate's potential for graduate study completion.
International25509 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 773 USD per credit during 12 months.
National25509 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 773 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Allendale
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.