Urban Design - Future Cities from Thomas Jefferson University focused on envisioning the future, the program spotlights pressing contemporary issues with far-reaching consequences, such as the need to develop urban resiliency and carbon neutral communities and to harness the potential of smart technologies to achieve environmental wellness on multiple scales in response to rapid urbanization and climate change.
Students at Urban Design - Future Cities from Thomas Jefferson University will:
- acquire new and valuable skills
- benefit from state-of-the-art research at national and international levels, thereby fostering innovation, entrepreneurship, and creativity through knowledge exchange and multidisciplinary learning.
- Resilient Cities and Communities
- Studio Companion: Ecological Systems for Resilient Communities
- Advanced GIS: Urban Spatial Analytics
- History and Theory of Urban Design
- Master Studio – Future Cities / Carbon-Zero Cities
- Architectural Research Methods
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesDesign Landscape Architecture Urban Planning View 291 other Masters in Urban Planning in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Transcripts: Submit official undergraduate and graduate transcripts from all regionally accredited institutions you have attended and/or from which you earned credit.
- Personal Statement: In 750 words or less, describe your motivation for pursuing this program, including your educational and professional goals that this program will help you achieve.
- Letters of Recommendation: Submit two letters of reference that provide insight into your academic competence. References from college or university faculty members are recommended.
- Portfolio: A portfolio of previous design work is required for applicants with a background in architecture or allied field. For students entering the Foundation Year, a portfolio is not required.
- Résumé: A current professional résumé is required.
International33576 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1399 USD per credit during 24 months.
National33576 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1399 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Philadelphia
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.