The General Music Education degrees from University of Nevada, Reno are not designed to lead to a music teaching license on their own. We offer first-time licensure coursework leading to various Nevada music licenses.
This can be in conjunction or separate from the MM in Music Education degree. Anyone interested in first-time licensure with or without the MM in Music Education must also enroll in the Professional Certificate program offered by the College of Education and Human Development. Please contact Kate Pollard, the Coordinator of Music Education, for specific details.
Programme StructureEmphasis areas include:
- Choral and vocal music education
- Instrumental music education
- General music education
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Music Musicology View 3101 other Masters in Education in United States
- Bachelor’s degree or recognized equivalent from a regionally accredited institution
- Online application
- Official transcripts from every institution attended for a complete history of your education
- Official GRE or GMAT test scores from an exam taken within the past 5 years (exam requirement and recommended scores are determined by individual programs)
- Resume or curriculum vitae
- Statement of purpose
- Letters of recommendation, per program-specific requirements (your recommenders will be notified by email after you complete your online application)
International21592 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21592 USD per year during 12 months.
National21592 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21592 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State5500 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5500 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Reno
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.