All Master of Music in music education degree candidates must submit a video of their teaching prior to admission into the program. Since degree requirements and course offerings can change from year to year, consult the general course catalog for your appropriate school year's requirements and suggestions. The Instrumental Music Education program is offered at University of Nevada, Reno.
The department of music is a member of the National Association of Schools of Music (NASM). In addition, the music education program is a member of the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP).
CAEP advances excellence in educator preparation through evidence-based accreditation that assures quality and supports continuous improvement to strengthen P-12 student learning.
- Candidates for all master's degrees in music should consult the current department of music handbook for information concerning auditions and placement, as well as proficiency examinations. Please contact Kate Pollard for questions.
- Candidates must complete all Graduate School requirements for the master's degree.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Music Musicology View 3085 other Masters in Education in United States
- Bachelor’s degree or recognized equivalent from a regionally accredited institution
- Online application
- Official transcripts from every institution attended for a complete history of your education
- Official GRE or GMAT test scores from an exam taken within the past 5 years (exam requirement and recommended scores are determined by individual programs)
- Resume or curriculum vitae
- Statement of purpose
- Letters of recommendation, per program-specific requirements (your recommenders will be notified by email after you complete your online application)
International21592 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21592 USD per year during 12 months.
National21592 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21592 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State5498 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5498 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Reno
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.