In addition to fulfilling any and all Graduate School requirements, applicants to the M.M. instrumental program in jazz and improvisational music must pass an audition for the program's faculty, either via tape or in person. The Music Performance-Jazz and Improvisational Music Performance program is offered at University of Nevada, Reno.
Audition material is up to the discretion of the applicant, but should demonstrate both technical proficiency on the instrument and a high degree of improvisational ability and creativity.
Original compositions are encouraged. Recital programs should be planned in consultation with the student's advisor.
- Completion of this degree generally requires two years of study, which includes course work in music history and theory, private lessons, participation in ensembles and two one-hour recitals.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesMusic Music Performance View 246 other Masters in Music Performance in United States
- Bachelor’s degree or recognized equivalent from a regionally accredited institution
- Online application
- Official transcripts from every institution attended for a complete history of your education
- Official GRE or GMAT test scores from an exam taken within the past 5 years (exam requirement and recommended scores are determined by individual programs)
- Resume or curriculum vitae
- Statement of purpose
- Letters of recommendation, per program-specific requirements (your recommenders will be notified by email after you complete your online application)
International21592 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21592 USD per year during 24 months.
National21592 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21592 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State5500 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5500 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Reno
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.