The Reading, Curriculum and Instruction Online program from University of Nevada, Reno provides opportunities to work with university instructors and other teachers in an online format that includes video conferences, model lessons, and a virtual reading clinic. The program’s focus on reading curriculum includes creating effective reading lessons and units based on student assessments and evaluating and adapting existing reading programs to meet student needs. Instructional practices related to guided reading instruction, comprehension, vocabulary, fluency, word study, and writing are also covered throughout the program.
A strong focus on reading assessment is embedded in two virtual reading clinic courses centered on teaching reading to struggling readers. The coursework also meets the requirements for teachers to obtain the Nevada Reading Specialist endorsement. The comprehensive exam is designed to support teachers as they research a reading area of their choice and apply their knowledge to their own classroom and school.
- Masters Seminar in Educational Specialties
- Foundations of Literacy
- Literacy Assessment
- Field Work and Clinical Practice in Reading
- Methods Elective
- Literacy Instruction
- Teaching Reading to Older Students
- Children’s Literature
- Word Study
- Literacy, Diversity, & Schooling
- 72 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
This degree is 32 units for a non-thesis option with a comprehensive exam or 30 units for a thesis option degree.
DisciplinesInstructional Design View 187 other Masters in Instructional Design in United States
- Bachelor’s degree or recognized equivalent from a regionally accredited institution
- Online application
- Official transcripts from every institution attended for a complete history of your education
- Official GRE or GMAT test scores from an exam taken within the past 5 years (exam requirement and recommended scores are determined by individual programs)
- Resume or curriculum vitae
- Statement of purpose
- Letters of recommendation, per program-specific requirements (your recommenders will be notified by email after you complete your online application)
International21592 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21592 USD per year during 72 months.
National21592 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21592 USD per year during 72 months.
In-State5500 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5500 USD per year during 72 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.