The M.A. program in communication studies allows students the opportunity to focus on social justice and communication in four different areas: interpersonal and family communication, organizational communication, intercultural communication, or rhetorical studies.
Threaded throughout the curriculum are the values inherent to the successful management of communication in practice, such as diversity, inclusion, tolerance, listening, ethics, understanding, assertiveness and responsibility. Students who earn the M.A. will find a variety of attractive career options in management, event planning, training and development, public relations, or human resources; or it serves as excellent preparation for entering a Ph.D. program.Students pursuing this degree from University of Nevada, Reno can opt for a thesis or non-thesis option. Earning the M.A. in Communication Studies involves required courses related to theory and research methodology as well as a capstone.
- Graduate Studies in Communication
- Seminar: Communication Theory
- One approved Research Methods Course within or external to department
- Comprehensive Exam
- Comprehensive Examination
- Critical Pedagogy
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesCorporate Communication Digital Communication View 146 other Masters in Corporate Communication in United States
- Bachelor’s degree or recognized equivalent from a regionally accredited institution
- Online application
- Official transcripts from every institution attended for a complete history of your education
- Official GRE or GMAT test scores from an exam taken within the past 5 years (exam requirement and recommended scores are determined by individual programs)
- Resume or curriculum vitae
- Statement of purpose
- Letters of recommendation, per program-specific requirements (your recommenders will be notified by email after you complete your online application)
International21592 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21592 USD per year during 12 months.
National21592 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21592 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State5500 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5500 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Reno
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.