The objectives of this program are to meet the growing demand in society for graduates with high-level information system skills and provide a path for women and men from diverse fields to rapidly transition to information system career paths by providing them with foundation graduate level courses in information systems.
Similar to an MBA or Law degree, this program is explicitly designed to accommodate students from wide ranging undergraduate degree backgrounds.
Each student’s Program of Study must include the five required core courses with the remainder of courses to be selected from an approved course list maintained by the department or proposed by the student and assessed for possible approval.
The list is regularly updated and includes appropriate courses drawn from across campus. Each Information Systems Online student’s Program of Study from The University of Maine must be approved in advance by the MSIS Steering Committee.
- Formal Foundations for Information Science
- Information Systems Programming
- Human Computer Interaction
- Information Systems Law
- Design of Information Systems
- 72 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
We have rolling admissions so you can apply and be accepted into the program at any time. However, the following dates are recommended.
DisciplinesEconomics Informatics & Information Technology Natural Sciences View 142 other Masters in Economics in United States
- We generally seek an undergraduate grade point average of 3.0 or above. Exceptions are considered on a case-by-case basis.
- At a minimum, an applicant must have a four-year U.S. bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university or a four-year international equivalent. Within their curriculum, all applicants should have completed a university course in Algebra as a minimum math prerequisite for admission.
- Previous programming courses or experience are recommended but not required. The review committee considers both the curriculum completed and the institution attended in its assessment.
- All students apply through the Graduate School and the entire application packet including transcripts must be received before a formal acceptance will be issued typically.
- For an application and the instructions for applying, see the graduate school.
International2950 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 590 USD per credit during 72 months.
National2950 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 590 USD per credit during 72 months.
per credit hour
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.