In support of the interdisciplinary spirit of data science and engineering, the program is designed to accommodate students from a wide range of undergraduate degrees or other graduate degree backgrounds with options for specialization in different domains.
FeaturesGraduates of this Data Science and Engineering Online program from The University of Maine will learn:
- The different data sources, the data acquisition process, data types, data quality, and methods for cleaning
- The issues impacting the efficient processing, representing, storing, managing, and retrieval of large amounts of data
- How to leverage modern computational infrastructures and software tools to perform large-scale data analysis and machine learning
- Common analytical tools, their methods, their effective use, and the strengths and limitations of each
- The skills to effectively explore and present data to different audiences through visual and multimodal methods
- Strategies for data security, curation, and preservation
- The ethical issues, risks, and responsibilities related to data science
- Practicum in Data Science and Engineering
- Theme Areas, or Domain Specializations
- Graduate Project
- Information Systems Internship
- Or a course from an approved list
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesGeneral Engineering & Technology Data Science & Big Data View 168 other Masters in Data Science & Big Data in United States
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university
- Undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or above (exceptions are considered on a case-by-case basis)
- At least one college-level statistics course (applicants without this requirement may take an approved college statistics course prior to or made part of conditional or provisional admission)
- An online application
- An essay describing your motivations, life experiences, and ability to succeed in a graduate program
- Official academic transcripts
- Current resume with contact information for three professional references
International8850 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 590 USD per credit during 24 months.
National8850 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 590 USD per credit during 24 months.
per credit hour
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.