Sport and Exercise Psychology is a profession which is growing across both sport and exercise settings. When addressing issues such as enhancing the performance of a premier league football team or tackling the obesity crisis in the UK, organisations are increasingly turning to sport and exercise psychology professionals to improve performance and well-being.
The majority of our academics at Middlesex University are active sports professionals involved in sport and exercise consultancy, active in current research, and working with professional athletes and clubs. We maintain strong links with the industry to ensure current professional practice informs your studies and our excellent placement and practical learning opportunities will support your application of knowledge and development of skills.
- Based in London, we are surrounded by the greatest density of top sports clubs and organisations in the UK and have strong links with many sporting organisations
- You will be actively encouraged to publish your dissertation through peer-reviewed journals and conferences
- This course will facilitate your accreditation from relevant professional bodies such as BASES and provide supervised work experience with high-level athletes
- Small class sizes allow you to receive the personal attention required to thrive in your studies
- Understanding People and Interaction in Sport and Exercise
- Wellbeing in Sport and Exercise
- Understanding and Enhancing Performance
- Research Methods in Applied Psychology
- Professional Placement
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- We recommend applying as early as possible for your chosen postgraduate course to ensure you are granted a place.
DisciplinesPsychology Sports Management Sports Sciences View 188 other Masters in Sports Management in United Kingdom
- Applicants must have a minimum of a 2:2 honours in an undergraduate sport science or psychology degree
- Applicants with a degree outside the above identified entry criteria may be considered for programme entry on discretionary basis.
- Ideally applicants will have experience in working in sport or competing in sport being interest in a particular sport.
International14800 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14800 GBP per year during 12 months.
National9600 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9600 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.