MA Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) at University of Sunderland is a world-renowned qualification which will enable you to access reputable and high-paying teaching roles in many international contexts.
You will develop an in-depth theoretical knowledge of the English language, and develop your identity as a language educator, as well as practical and effective teaching skills.
- Gain experience of practical teaching and also receive a postgraduate degree
- Work in any country where people want to learn English
- Practise teaching skills in a supportive environment
- Benefit from over 20 years of teaching on the MA TESOL course
- TESOL: Principles and Practice
- Linguistics for English Language Teaching
- The Research Process
- Dissertation of up to 15,000 words on a TESOL-related topic of your choice
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- Applications for most masters courses are open all year round, but we highly recommend that you apply for your course at least six months before it starts.
DisciplinesTeaching English View 117 other Masters in Teaching English in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- We usually require applicants to hold at least a second class honours degree (usually a 2:1) or equivalent. You should also have excellent English language skills.
- If you don't meet our standard entry requirements, you can take one of the foundation pathways at our partners ONCAMPUS Sunderland. Find out more information and whether your course is eligible on our ONCAMPUS page.
International13750 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13750 GBP per year during 12 months.
National6750 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6750 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Sunderland
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.