Network and system security has become very critical and ever-increasing urgent in today's network and information systems.
The National Security Agency and the Department of Homeland Security have designated the University of Colorado, Colorado Springs as a National Center of Academic Excellence in Cyber Defense Education (CAE/CDE). This designation covers academic years 2014 through 2021. More information about our IA programs and activities can be accessed at the Center of Information Assurance and Security Technology (CIAST) at UCCS.
- Graduates of the Cybersecurity program from University of Colorado Colorado Springs (UCCS) become experts in methods, techniques, and tools used in Information Assurance..
- Graduates of the MECS program serve as chief security officers for organizations.
- Graduates of the MECS program practice lifelong learning and keep themselves up to date with emerging Security Engineering knowledge.
- Graduates of the MECS program contribute to Cyber Security Journals and Conferences.
- Students should know the proven principles/techniques/tools, current standards, and best practices of Cybersecurity.
- Students can perform independent research in the area of Cybersecurity.
- Students can build a secure networked system and setup/enforce security policies.
- Students can perform risk analysis and penetration testing of a networked system.
- Students has developed effective communication skills and professionalism.
- Computer Architecture
- Computer Communication
- Operating Systems
- Fundamentals of Computer/Network Security
- Applied Cryptography for Secure Communications
- Master Thesis
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesComputer Sciences IT Security Cyber Security View 347 other Masters in Cyber Security in United States
- A Bachelor of Science or a Bachelor of Arts degree in mathematics, computer science, engineering information systems, or equivalent.
- An overall undergraduate grade point average of 3.0 (on a scale of 4.0; awarded within the past five years) or minimum 148 GRE (new grading scale), quantitative portion.
- A completed online application including a concise statement of experience, career goals and resume.
- Three letters of recommendation.
- Applicants with any foreign post-secondary course work should also submit a course-by-course evaluation by a NACES member.
- Other items as required.
- International Applicants: TOEFL or ILETS of 6.5 or higher is required for English Proficiency.
- It is recommended the applicant have two years experience with commercial, industrial or government software development or system/network administration.
International16472 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8236 USD per semester during 12 months.
National16472 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8236 USD per semester during 12 months.
In-State9452 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4726 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for Colorado Springs
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.