The central mission of the Division of Music in the School of Performing Arts rfom The University of Maine is to provide for the education of undergraduate and graduate students majoring in Music Performance, as well as that of interested students from the University at large.
Through the integration of academics and performance, the division furthers the knowledge and appreciation of music on campus, throughout the state, in the region, and beyond.
- To provide the training and opportunities that benefit our students as music educators, both by developing our curriculum to meet changes in the field and by interfacing with the public schools of Maine and responding to their needs. • To provide such guidance as can make our students competitive in the field and in graduate study.
- To provide organizations and performing groups for all students at UMaine that enrich their musical experience during their college career.
- To provide curricula leading our students to graduation in their respective degree programs.
- To encourage musical performance and/or the creation of scholarly knowledge by our faculty.
- To serve the unit, campus, state, and professional discipline as musical and academic experts.
- To review and evaluate these objectives regularly to ensure adherence to the highest standards and fulfillment of our mission and goals.
- Research in Music
- Topics in Music History/Literature
- Topics in Music Theory
- Special Studies in Music
- Advanced Chamber Music
- Graduate Recital
- Performance- Secondary Instrument
- Topics in Music Education
- Special Subjects in Music
- Music Period Course
- Topics in Music History
- Performance Organization
- Advanced Choral Conducting
- Choral Literature and Performance Practice
- Advanced Instrumental Conducting
- Topics in Choral Music
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Priority January 15 recommended for those seeking fall admission, Rolling
DisciplinesMusic Music Performance View 217 other Masters in Music Performance in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Completed online application
- Three letters of recommendation
- Official transcript of all previous college or university work
- Official test scores
- $65 application fee
- Departmental exams in Music Theory and Music History prior to 13th credit hour of coursework
International29214 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29214 USD per year during 24 months.
National29214 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29214 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State9738 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9738 USD per year during 24 months.
New England Regional (NEBHE) $16,560
Living costs for Orono
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.