There is an increasing need for practitioners with an interdisciplinary skillset that includes computer science. Our course provides students with first degrees in another subject the opportunity to develop an interdisciplinary profile in order to meet this need. The course should also be of use to those who have worked in the field whilst holding degrees from other backgrounds.
Why study this course with us?
The field of computer science has produced some of the most significant advances in technology over the last three decades and radically transformed business and industry practices on a global scale. It has applications in almost every area of study.
Our Computer Science (Conversion) from University of Chester course focuses on the Department of Computer Science’s strengths, providing a cutting-edge curriculum in medical graphics, cybersecurity, robotics and AI, in addition to foundational computer science topics such as software and web development.
There is also a monthly seminar programme in which leading experts present recent findings and introduce contemporary developments in the above and other areas.
- Concepts of User Experience
- Research Dissertation
- Research Methods
- Software Development Techniques
- Web Systems
- Bio-Inspired Computing
- Digital Forensics and Incident Response
- Penetration Testing and Active Defence
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesComputer Sciences Machine Learning View 741 other Masters in Computer Sciences in United Kingdom
- A 2:1 honours degree or above in a discipline other than computer science is required.
- Applicants may be interviewed to assess their suitability for the course.
- For those who do not have IELTS or an acceptable in-country English language qualification, the University of Chester has developed its own online English language test which applicants can take for free as part of their application.
International13450 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13450 GBP per year during 12 months.
National6885 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6885 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Chester
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.