On this Executive Master of Public Administration (EMPA) course at King's College London you’ll learn from world-leading academics and policy shapers whose expert insights give you fresh perspectives on the craft of governing, from policy evaluation to conflict resolution.
Study fits seamlessly around your professional and personal life wherever you are in the world. Modules are delivered online for flexibility, complemented by 4 face-to-face teaching periods / residencies over the 2 years.
We put a strong emphasis on applying learning to real-world situations, so your new-found expertise will be immediately relevant to achieving your goals and developing your career. You’ll also benefit from sharing experiences with your peers on residencies at international policy centres, in London and Geneva.
- Explore the craft of governing with support from world-class teaching from King’s academics and international policy practitioners
- A blended programme of study to achieve EMPA in 2 years without taking a break from your career
- Visit and learn within key public sector institutions through short residencies in the UK, and in Geneva where you’ll be hosted by the United Nations System Staff College, a strategic partner of ISfG
- Learn flexibly and curate your own tailored curriculum with a choice from a wide range of elective online modules
- Focus on upskilling and understanding the craft of governing with modules as diverse as Empathy and Emotion in Policymaking, to International Trade
- Hone your knowledge and technical skills to evaluate the impact and effectiveness of policies in your own sector and organisation
- Network and share experiences with a diverse cohort of senior policy professionals from across the globe
- Policy Practice: Strategic Design and Delivery
- Global Public Policy Challenges
- Public Sector Leadership
- Policy Analytics: Understanding and Using Data
- International Conflict Analysis and Resolution
- Embracing Uncertainty. Policymaking in Turbulent Times
- Behavioural Insights and Government Policy
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesManagement Studies Public Administration View 67 other Masters in Public Administration in United Kingdom
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Starting from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at King's College London and/or in United Kingdom, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- A minimum 2:1 undergraduate degree with a final mark of at least 60% or above.
- All applicants for this programme (both Home and International) are expected to have 5+ years of relevant experience.
International15675 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31350 GBP for the full programme during 24 months.
National15675 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31350 GBP for the full programme during 24 months.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.