The combined strengths of HSG and SSE will enhance your academic experience as well as equip you with international experience and a perspective that will surely help you in your future career, whether in business, government or academia.
Learning outcomesGraduates of the program in Double Degree in Economics (St. Gallen - SSE) will be awarded with both the Master of Science degree in Economics (Specialization in Applied Economic Analysis or in International Economics), issued by Stockholm School of Economics, and the Master of Arts degree in Economics or the Master of Arts degree in Quantitative Economics and Finance, issued by HSG. To be admitted, you must meet the course requirements of both - SSE's and HSG's - MSc programs.The Department of Economics selects students for the Double Degree Program during the first year of the MSc program on a competitive basis.
- Advanced Mathematics for Economic Analysis
- Advanced Microeconomics
- Advanced Macroeconomics
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- The Double Degree Program with the University of St. Gallen is only open to students enrolled in SSE's MSc program in Economics. Holders of a Swiss passport are not eligible to apply.
- The selection is based on:
- Academic performance in the MSc program so far and in Bachelor degree
- Motivation and interest in the program
- The selected students will be directly contacted by the Program Director of the MSc Program in Economics.
- Students who previously applied, but did not get accepted to the University of St. Gallen's Master programs are not eligible to participate in the Double Degree Program.
International14172 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14172 EUR per year during 24 months.
Non EU/EEA: 150 000 SEK/year
Living costs for Stockholm
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.