LSTM’s Global Health (Full Time Online, 1 Year) programme from Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine seek to address priorities identified in several global health frameworks. These include:
- addressing global health inequalities through workforce development;
- leadership in health systems improvements;
- facilitating universal health coverage;
- promoting gender equity; and
- creating meaningful partnerships for global health.
The programmes are underpinned by LSTM’s mission of decreasing the global disease burden through research, education and building capacity. The programmes also contribute towards building skills and competencies of organisations and individuals working in the global health sector.
Graduates will develop high-level transferable knowledge, intellectual and practical skills, enabling them to take a leadership role in providing technical support and addressing the social determinants of health. Graduates will be able to work with diverse populations and in a wide range of settings.
The programmes’ competency-based curriculum was developed following close consultation with employers and key stakeholders, a review of global health competencies from renowned global health agencies and informed by evidence from global health employers to ensure relevancy and graduate employability.
The MSc and PgDip programmes cover a wide range of global health topics that provide graduates with key analytical, technical and practical skills for working in a diverse global world.
There are many career opportunities within global health in high income countries such as the UK and low and middle-income countries throughout the world. The careers cover a wide range of options including:
- Environmental protection
- Promotion of health and wellbeing
- Management of health systems
- Global Health
- Research Methods
- Leadership in Health Systems Management
- Epidemiology & Statistics
- Qualitative Research in a Global World
- Working with Diverse Communities
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesManagement Studies Public Health Health Administration View 352 other Masters in Management Studies in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- The programmes are open to university graduates in health, or related disciplines. Graduates from other disciplines are encouraged to apply. Non-graduates with considerable work experience in the health sector and can provide evidence of continued academic development through appropriate in-service training will also be considered.
- Candidates without this work experience are eligible, provided they can demonstrate an understanding and engagement with global health issues.
- Applicants whose first language is not English must normally provide evidence of an IELTS score of at least 6.5 with a minimum of 5.5 in all learning components, or a TOEFL score of at least 88 for the Internet-based Test (iBT)
Graduates from recognised universities generally require at least a year of professional or voluntary experience in health or a related area.
International12900 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12900 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
National12900 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12900 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.