The Master of Arts (M.A.) in Global Development and Social Justice at St. John’s University aims at best practices and leadership in global development. Our mission of social justice and human rights advocacy, grounded in Catholic Social Teaching and the Vincentian tradition “to provide excellent education for all people, especially those lacking economic, physical, or social advantages,” is reflected through our innovative online methodology. We seek especially to provide education to those lacking economic and social means.
This multidisciplinary program, offered online, provides you with flexibility to pursue in-depth research in a broad variety of critical areas related to development and social justice. Our committed faculty members and support staff will help you understand the causes of poverty and social injustice throughout the world, and encourage you to develop adaptable, effective, and concrete solutions.
- Models of Intervention in Global Development
- Catholic Social Thought and Practices of Integral Human Development and Solidarity
- Information Resources for Global Development and Social Justice Practices
- Economics of Development
- Health Care Issues in Global Development
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
- Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis throughout the year.
DisciplinesInternational Development Legal Studies View 4 other Masters in Legal Studies in Italy
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- An accredited bachelor’s degree or its equivalent
- Proficiency in English (written and spoken). If your native language is not English, or if your secondary and post-secondary education was not in English, you must take the (1) Test of English as a Foreign language [TOEFL] or (2) International English Language Testing System [IELTS]
- Two letters of recommendation from individuals qualified to evaluate your ability to succeed in a graduate program of study
- A statement of personal and professional goals which should include a meaningful discussion of what you hope to accomplish with a master’s in Global Development and Social Justice.
International44880 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1360 USD per credit during 12 months.
National44880 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1360 USD per credit during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.