Given an increasingly globalized world, the introduction of multilingual approaches employing CLIL methodology and the spread of the competence-based curriculum, the need for students to be able to communicate in foreign languages (FL) within the education system has made it essential to take a fresh look at teaching and introduce innovative methods into the foreign language classroom.
In institutional contexts like schools or universities, innovation in foreign language learning must necessarily involve collaboration between, on the one hand, teachers who are experts in a particular foreign language and, on the other, teachers who are using the foreign language as a vehicle for teaching non-language subjects and/or using it as a medium of communication within international projects.
Two itineraries are available within this Teacher Development for Foreign Language Education and Content and Language Integrated Learning programme at the Autonomous University of Barcelona, one focusing on Foreign Language Education (FLE), the other focusing on Content and Language Integrated Learning (CLIL).
Graduates of these programmes will have professional qualifications appropriate to:
- Teaching foreign languages in primary and secondary education, baccalaureate and vocational training.
- Teaching specialized in CLIL methods in primary and secondary education, baccalaureate and vocational training.
- ICLHE (Integrated Content and Language in Higher Education) teaching in university programmes.
- Coordination and counselling in multilingual programmes and the promotion of FL learning.
- Professional development for teachers of FLs and CLIL programmes.
- Assessment of innovative programmes for learning FLs or CLIL, in the role of inspectors or managers.
- Design and assessment of programmes for the promotion of multilingualism in a formal educational environment.
- Design and assessment of didactic material intended for publication related to the teaching/learning FLs or CLIL.
- Multilingual education and the integrated learning of content and language
- Talking, reading and writing to learn through a foreign language
- Planning and assessing learning in multilingual contexts
- Innovative approaches to foreign language education
- Focus on language and discourse in content-rich contexts
- Empowering approaches to teacher education in L2 medium instruction
- Special issues in CLIL pedagogy
- Teaching and learning in CLIL environments
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Possession of a university degree in primary education or equivalent; a university degree in preschool education or equivalent; or any university degree that provides access to teaching careers.
- Officially accredited linguistic competence in English at CEFR level B2 (B2.2) or higher
- Official academic transcript showing subjects taken and marks issued by the university where the degree was earned
- Curriculum vitae (short format)
International4260 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4260 EUR per year during 12 months.
EU/EEA4260 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4260 EUR per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Barcelona
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.