About the programme
The department welcomes applications from students interested in undertaking research towards attainment of a higher degree. To meet this goal the department offers students a high level of expertise and support in a variety of research subjects.
Students in the Applied Clinical Research and Public Health programme at Cardiff University will join exciting research programmes such as:
- Adult and Child Dental Health surveys
- Epidemiology and clinical effectiveness
- Violence and Society
- Orthodontics and 3D facial growth analysis
- Dentine Hypersensitivity
- Clinical Trials.
- We are inviting applications to a number of self-funded PhD projects in the School of Dentistry. These projects are open to UK/EU and overseas students.
- Although the projects are designed for full-time study, you are welcome to discuss the feasibility of conducting any project part-time with the supervisor in advance of your application. You can find their contact information by following the profile links at the bottom of each project description below.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesPublic Health Health Sciences View 1793 other Masters in Health Sciences in United Kingdom
- Suitable for graduates in scientific, clinical or engineering subjects, eg biosciences, chemistry, medicine, dentistry, pharmacy.
- Applicants should normally hold a good honours degree, MSc or equivalent and be able to show research competence for master's or doctoral level entry.
- For clinical programmes we require a minimum IELTS score of 7 overall (with a minimum score of 6 in each of the four sub-sections).
- In place of a personal statement, you must write as to why you want to undertake the particular type of PhD research study, eg laboratory based, (approximately 500 words).
- In answer to the question ‘How do you plan to fund your studies?’, please specify the details and upload any documents providing the evidence (for example, a letter of confirmation of scholarship).
International21950 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21950 GBP per year during 12 months.
National4500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4500 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Cardiff
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.