The Paleobiology and Fossil Record programme at the Autonomous University of Barcelona includes several lecturers, experts in different fields of palaeontology, both in research and in other technical development areas.
The objective of the programme is for students to acquire the skills needed to analyse and understand the fossils of different organisms, applying the most adequate and innovative techniques in each of the cases.
The diversity of activities and small number of students makes it possible to offer personalised attention to each student and stregthen each person's skills to create competent professional profiles in a variety of areas.
The master's degree is offered in English and has a strong international component, which makes it stand out in comparison to other similar programmes offered in Spain. The master's degree therefore fosters the international projection of its students as soon as they complete the programme.
- Concepts in Evolutionary Paleobiology
- Master's Degree Dissertation
- Methods and Techniques in Paleobiology
- Research in Paleontology, Heritage Management and Geotourism
- Continental Paleobiology
- Marine Paleobiology
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Degree in Biology, Environmental Biology; Earth Sciences (Geology and Marine Sciences and Geological Engineering) or a combination of both (Natural Sciences and Environmental Sciences) or equivalent qualifications.
- Graduates or graduates in Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Biomedical Sciences, Genetics, Microbiology; Graduates or graduates in Humanities such as History (in particular, students with knowledge in Archeology or Paleoanthropology) or Engineering.
- The coordinator of the master's degree will individually review the academic record of these students, to determine if they need to complete training supplements.
- To accredit the level B2 of English foreign language (equivalent to the First Certificate) the minimum to study the master.
International3960 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 66 EUR per credit during 12 months.
EU/EEA1680 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28 EUR per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Barcelona
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.