The programme is a psychology conversion course that provides students with non-psychology backgrounds broad grounding in psychological theory and research, and will equip you with the academic and practical skills sought by a wide range of employers.
You can complete the Psychology course from Canterbury Christ Church University full-time or part-time, either on our campus in Canterbury or through our online distance learning route from anywhere in the world. Throughout the programme we provide a high-level of academic support and content that will facilitate a stimulating and engaging learning experience.
On successful completion of the programme you will be eligible for Graduate Basis for Chartered Membership (GBC) of the British Psychological Society (BPS). Therefore, this programme provides you with a stepping-stone into a future career in psychology either through further postgraduate training (e.g., to become a Clinical, Educational, Forensic Psychologist) or postgraduate research (e.g. PhD).
Your future career
Graduates from our programme have gone onto postgraduate training in psychology, for example, training in Clinical and Forensic Psychology, in addition to obtaining roles as assistant psychologists, psychological wellbeing practitioners, support workers, and intervention facilitators.
- Psychology in Context
- Social and Development Psychology
- Research in Psychology
- Cognitive and Biological Psychology
- Personality and Individual Differences
- Statistics and Data Analysis
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesPsychology Statistics Cognitive Sciences View 839 other Masters in Psychology in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- An undergraduate degree in a subject other than psychology, or a non- accredited (combined / single honours) undergraduate degree that includes psychology of 2:1 or above.
- Applicants with grades lower than a 2:1 may also be considered. Suitability will be assessed by the Programme Director on a case by case basis, taking into account: academic performance, professional experience, personal statement and references. Applicants may be invited for an interview prior to the offer of a place.
International14500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14500 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
National8250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8250 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
Living costs for Canterbury
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.