This is a hands-on, experiential course which develops your theoretical knowledge and practical skills.
You’ll learn how to work as a professional art therapist in sometimes complex and unpredictable settings – within the public, mental health, education, voluntary or independent sectors. You'll graduate with the skills and eligibility to apply for Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) status.
This Art Psychotherapy Practice course at Sheffield Hallam University prepares you for a career in/ as
- Hospital and community NHS services for adults, children and families with physical, mental health issues and learning disabilities
- Educational Art Therapist in schools
- Bereavement Support
- Social enterprises and charities
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Art Therapy Practice Experience
- Evaluating Research Methodologies
- Professional Practice
- Professional Reflective Practice Through Supervision
- Theoretical Approaches To Art Therapy Practice
- Training Groups And Reflective Practice
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesPsychology Liberal Arts View 248 other Masters in Liberal Arts in United Kingdom
- To apply for the course, you must normally have a degree (2:2 or above) in a relevant area, such as Fine Art, Arts Therapies, Humanities, Psychology or Social Sciences.
- Whatever degree you have, all applicants are expected to have a portfolio of current art work at the time of application that demonstrates a continuing interest in art making. You will be asked to submit examples of artwork as part of the application process.
- Applications from professionals working in caring professions such as Social Workers, Nurses and Teachers, are also welcome.
International11000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11000 GBP per year during 24 months.
National7545 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7545 GBP per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Sheffield
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.