About Chemistry and Physico-Chemistry of Materials at University of Pau and Pays de l'Adour
The Chemistry and Physico-Chemistry of Materials program from University of Pau and Pays de l'Adour, comprising lectures, supervised and practical work and case studies, is taught by university lecturers and researchers, but also by personnel from the socio-professional sector.
The practical works and case studies are done in the laboratories of the Multidisciplinary Research Institute for the Environment and Materials (IPREM CNRS UMR 5254), using high-performance and top-level apparatus.
The program also includes modules that prepare students for entering the labour market:
- Use of English in courses and for writing scientific papers
- Internships in companies and academic research laboratories
- Prepare students at an advanced specialized level to meet present and future challenges in areas of expertise in chemistry, polymers, inorganic chemistry and modeling
- Develop engineering research skills to engage in quality and successful research,
- Prepare students for leading positions in industry and government Research and Development departments.
- Trace elements biogeochemical cycles
- Speciation concepts and analysis
- Advanced analytical chemistry
- Advanced separation techniques
- Advanced spectrometric techniques coupling
- Electrochemical sensors
- Biological macromolecules characterization
- Organic contaminants analysis
- Imaging techniques for environmental samples and materials characterization
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Pau and Pays de l'Adour and/or in France, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Applicants must hold at least a Bachelor degree for the Master 1 level.
- Applicants must hold at least a 4-year university level for the Master 2 level
- Applicants must be fluent in English, both in writing and speaking. An applicant whose native language is not English has to take a recognized international English test.
- Minimum required score: CECRL B2 level in English
International3770 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3770 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA243 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 243 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Pau
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.