You cover a number of topics in sustainable energy and clean technology, broadening and deepening your understanding and knowledge of the field. You learn how to synthesise information from a variety of sources and develop your decision-making abilities in solving complex sustainability problems. Working with a supervisor, you also conduct a research project in a specific area of sustainable engineering.
This advanced practice route enhances your qualification by adding a vocational or research-based internship to the course. A vocational internship is a great way to gain work experience and give your CV a competitive edge.
A research internship gives you the opportunity to develop your analytical, team-working, research and academic skills by working alongside a research team in an academic setting. We guarantee a research internship but can’t guarantee a vocational internship. We do, however, provide you with practical support and advice on how to find and secure your own.
This Sustainable Energy and Clean Technology (with Advanced Practice) course from Teesside University gives you an industrially, commercially and professionally relevant education by developing your lifelong learning skills and giving you a progression route for further professional development.
You are prepared for a career understanding and tackling sustainability issues, driving rapid change in all sectors and contributing to climate change agendas at a regional, national and international level. You can work in a technical or managerial role in industrial sectors including manufacturing, chemicals and processing.
- Advanced Practice
- Hydrogen Technologies and Fuel Cells
- MSc Research Project
- Renewable Energy Generation
- Smart Grids
- Zero Carbon Built Infrastructure
- 21 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- Apply before
DisciplinesEnergy & Power Engineering Sustainable Energy View 160 other Masters in Energy & Power Engineering in United Kingdom
- Normally a 2.2 UK honours degree (or equivalent) in a science, technology or engineering subject.
- Students with a degree awarded outside the UK must also meet the University's minimum English language requirements.
- Non-EU international students who need a student visa to study in the UK should check our web pages on UKVI-compliant English language requirements.
- The University also provides pre-sessional English language courses if you do not meet the minimum English language requirement.
International8500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8500 GBP per year during 21 months.
National4335 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4335 GBP per year during 21 months.
Living costs for Middlesbrough
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.